Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BHoughton
Employee
Employee

How to create an interactive calendar- Beginner

Hi All, 
I am super new to Power BI. I am looking for some help creating an interactive calendar. I have an exsisting spreadsheet that my team uses for events that we are invited to and its updated daily by me. I am hoping for a more visual experience than scrolling through data. I would like to keep that exsisting spreadsheet to plug the data in as its recieved and have it auto populate to the calendar.

I am hoping to have it be a basic month calendar and a list option as well (simialr to how Calendar Visaul by MAQ does it). However, I am also wanting a pop up or side bar to appear if somebody were to click on the event in question. That will list the registration details (hyper link or contact information, along with any passwords or sponsorship codes to use) This data is already in the spreadsheet so thats helpful i assume. 

Another few helpful things to list would be the event organizer and the ability to color code them by event organizer. 

Help! 😃 & Thanks in Advance!

2 REPLIES 2
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BHoughton ,

You could use Tooltip or Drill-through to display more information, and set Conditional formatting to easily detect patterns and insights.

Did I answer your question ? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.
If not, please upload some insensitive data samples and expected output.

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@BHoughton , There seem to few things here.

If you need calendar table, You can create a calndar table and end it on Today of max date of you data.

example

Date = calendar(min(Table[Date]), Max(Table[Date]))

Date = calendar(date(2018,01,01), Today()).

For visual you can use slicer/filter or timeline slicer or any other

https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/WA104380786?tab=Overview

There can not be popup, Visual interact with each other, so they will refesh. (URL can open external window)

Or you can use drill through - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-drillthrough

To get the best of the time intelligence function. Make sure you have a date calendar and it has been marked as the date in model view. Also, join it with the date column of your fact/s. Refer :radacad sqlbi My Video Series Appreciate your Kudos.

Please provide your feedback comments and advice for new videos
Tutorial Series Dax Vs SQL Direct Query PBI Tips
Appreciate your Kudos.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.