Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Draszor
Helper III
Helper III

How to create additional "Date" dimension with related measure

PBI_request.JPGHi All, 

my data set consists of many dimensions, two of them are AMOUNT (showing total EUR value for a given record) and DATE showing YYYY-MM values for a given record. 

What I would like to do is to create a tab with two slicers: DATE0 and DATE1 (containing exactly the same YYYY-MM data, being the content of DATE dimension) and table, containing AMOUNT0 and AMOUNT1 - showing the appropriate EUR values for respectively DATE0 and DATE1. 

Having those, I would like to create a measure "DIFFERENCE 0vs1" showing the AMOUNT0 minus AMOUNT1 amounts, as well as "DIFFERENCE 0/1" showing (1-AMOUNT1/AMOUNT0) percentage diff

I showed the example of data set I use, and the desired outcome in the report on attached photo. 

thank you in advance for the hint of how to do that in Power BI desktop

BR

Draszor

3 REPLIES 3
AnkitKukreja
Super User
Super User

Hi @Draszor 

Please try using all and allselected, please refer to the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-x8gnMNj-w

Thanks,

Ankit

If my response has successfully addressed your question or concern, I kindly request that you mark this post as resolved. Additionally, if you found my assistance helpful, a thumbs-up would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ankit Kukreja
www.linkedin.com/in/ankit-kukreja1904

hi, 

this helps but 2 questions:

1. how to create date1 dimension in a way that it does not change when filtering date dimension. meaning - choosing 2020.09 in date slicer, I would like to have all the YYYY-MM available in date1 slicer?

2. how to assure that descriptive dimensions in the matrix are filtered in correct way, meaning - I choose 2020.09 in date and 2020.08 in date1. in the matrix I have Gr Account and GL account. if the data exist for 2020.09, but do not exist for 2020.08, for a given combination of GR Account and GL Account, I would like to see proper figure for 2020.09 and zero or numm for 2020.08 - BUT I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THIS COMBINATION IN MATRIX

hi, 

I got the solution for 1st question. it is made in Format upper menu when clicking on the slicer, and choosing Edit interactions, clicking then None for another slicer. 

now, 2nd problem remains - when choosing 007.2020 in sate and 008.2020 for date1, then my matrix gets empty, as the lotgic I suppose is "choose all matrix dimensions existing for date" AND "existing for date1". how to change this logic to "OR"

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.