Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Gwendaline_p
Helper I
Helper I

How to create a table of contents ?

Hi everyone ,

I want to create a table of contents in Power BI.

For example :

1. KPIs

2. Geographics figures

When I click on "1. KPIs", I get to the selected tab.

=> Is it possible to create a table of contents in Power BI ? (with relations to the tabs)

=> If yes, how to do it?

Thanks a lot for your help !

Gwendaline

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Without publish in services ( cloud) we can't do my dear friend. sorry.

but we can do this stuff Tableau and Qlik as well.

I hope in feature they will add.

Sorry my dear friend. cheers

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Milly

Surely just create book marks for the pages you want to consider as Titles, i.e. 1. KPIs and 2. Geographic.

Then create a text box on your 'Content section' and give it an action that when clicked it takes you to the bookmark you suggested?

v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Gwendaline_p,

Based on my understanding, there are  1KPIs and  2. Geographics figures in a table in Power BI desktop, you want to get the relation data when you click on "1. KPIs", right? If it is, we are not able to achieve it. All the data will be displayed when you load it to table.

You can create a slicer, which is used to filter the rows in table. Then create a table visual related to the slicer. When click  any value in slicer, it will return the corresponding values in table.  For instance, when you select the product A, it will only return the result based on product A rows, Please review the following screenshot.

1.PNG

If you have any other issue, please share more details.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Hi Angelia , 

Thank you for your answer.

That's not exactly what I want.

I want a table of contents in a page with 2 things written :

• 1. KPIs 
  • 2. Geographics figures

I have two more pages : 1.KPIs and 2. Geographics figures with some graph and tables.

What I want is : when I click on "1. KPIs" on the table of contents , I arrived on the second page "1. KPIs". It's not related to the data, it's just a relation between pages.

For example, in Qlikview : https://community.qlik.com/videos/3026 (at 3.35)

Kind regards , 

Gwendaline

Use Bookmarks and Buttons!

First, make sure your bookmarks pane is visible - you can do this under the view tab, check the box for bookmarks pane

Then add a bookmark to every page you want to be in the table of contents (You need to view every page and click add bookmark), change the name so you don't get mixed up. 

Then go to the Home tab up top, and click buttons. Go down and add a BLANK button. 

Now you have the option to add a "button text", for example my first button is " 1. Sales Overview ".

To connect your bookmark to your button, go down to Action under the visualization editor, ensure it is on, change Type to Bookmark, and Bookmark to whichever bookmark page you want it to connect to.

You can also change the font, background color, outline, etc.

This is the best way I have found to make a Table of Contents

I attached a picture of my report for reference!

Capture3.PNG

I got u.

1. If u looking for Global filter it won't work.

2. we can do . First u have to publish your report in services . once published get the link from there .

1.JPG

This is the link for your report first page , like that u can get link for all pages in your report.

Based on that link create one table.

2.JPGand u have change the "Data Category" to web URL.

Click that and try.

Hi Baskar , 

Thank you for your help.

It's exactly what I want but I can't publish my report, it has to stay on my computer ... I suppose it's not possible ?

I keep in mind your solution if I have to publish my report.

Thanks,

Gwendaline

Without publish in services ( cloud) we can't do my dear friend. sorry.

but we can do this stuff Tableau and Qlik as well.

I hope in feature they will add.

Sorry my dear friend. cheers

Thanks a lot for your help Baskar.

Cheers.

Gwendaline

Always welcome my dear friend

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.