Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

OvidiuNeacsu
Resolver I
Resolver I

How to create a tab that offers an overview for other tabs

Hi guys, 

I am not sure this is possible. I've been trying to create an automatic Monthly Report in Power BI for my recruitment team and I couldn't get all the information together in a single tab. 

To be more explicit, I need to report about 6 different attributes (i will give the example for 3 attributes for let's say the month of January): 

1. How many candidates applied

2. How many candidates passed their interview

3. How many were hired

etc  

Each attribute has a different date. Therefore

1. The candidates that applied have a CandidateApply_Date

2. The candidates that passed the interview has a CandidateInterviewPassed_Date

3. Candidates that were hired have a CandidateHired_Date

The only way to get the correct numbers is to create a tab for each attribute and have the date filter specific to their field. Therefore in January, there can be 3 candidates that applied, 35 that passed the interview and 50 that were hired (it may not make sense because I count the activity for January only, no matter what happened in the past months) So the 50 hired might have applied and were interviewed already in November/December, but I don't want to count that, that's a different month activity.  

Anyway, back to the different tab story. So the only way to get the correct results is to get 3 different tabs each with a date filter/slicer that uses the specific field. 

Is there any way in the world I can create a new tab to display these results in a single page? Some sort of screenshot or something from other tabs, I don't know what are the possibilities. 

I tried to pivot all these dates into a single column and make a slicer out of it, but unfortunately, it shows me the candidates that applied/were interviewed in November/December as well, even though they were only hired in January, or only one value is available for January, it counts them all. 

My last solution was to download the CSV file from all 3 tabs and put them together in an Excel file. 😞 

Thank you very much for all your help,

Ovi

3 REPLIES 3
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey,

I'm not sure if I really understand what you are asking for, and I'm also unfamiliar with some of the wording that your are using, e.g. not sure what you are meaning by "tab".

I guess what you are calling an attribute "How many canditates applied" is basically a calculation, to be more precise a measure, if I understand your requirement correctly.

So please excuse if this does not help you at all.

My source data looks like this

image.png

I created three measures (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-measures😞

No of Applicatations = 
CALCULATE(
    DISTINCTCOUNT('Table1'[Applicant])
    , 'Table1'[State] = "Application"
)
No of Interviews = 
CALCULATE(
    , 'Table1'[State] = "Interview"
)
No of Hirings = 
CALCULATE(
    , 'Table1'[State] = "Hiring"
)

This allows to create a table visual like this:

image.png

This will also work if the source data has more columns that might be filtered, like "field of application".

Hopefully this provides some ideas how to answer your question.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Thank you @TomMartens 

I will try it your way, I did something similar but didn't work as I suspected. What I mean by tabs are the pages from Power BI dashboard, just like the Excel sheets. 

PBIDesktop_v0kvtQKxXx.png

Hey,

now it's more clear, wondering if my approach will be helpful 😉

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.