Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sloane
Frequent Visitor

How to create a slicer based on multiple string values per row

Hi All, 

I currently have a dataset that looks a bit like the table below, and need to create a slicer that gives the respective amount with the distinct string values in the column Category. 

sloane_0-1602142048235.png

The expected behavior is that the slicer says HOR; THR; COM; DRA and if I select  THR I get a sum of all amounts with thr (1,200,000) or a count of all categories with THR (3)

Thank you in advance for any help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sloane , Please split the column by delimiter this way you will get the separate values. Capture.PNG

The rest will work as expected:

Capture2.PNGCapture3.PNG

Did I solve your problem? 

Please mark my answer as a solution!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
vslaser
Helper I
Helper I

If you transform the data and split the 1st column by "comma" into rows, then you will have the data in rows without commas anymore. The column can then be used as slicer.

Here is a sample:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1d2_hUbEyxu_PtoQjIMPZ7DUbmVFj1ZYd/view?usp=sharing

Regards,

Vijay

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sloane , Please split the column by delimiter this way you will get the separate values. Capture.PNG

The rest will work as expected:

Capture2.PNGCapture3.PNG

Did I solve your problem? 

Please mark my answer as a solution!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.