Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to create a report where one field is an integer (only available as a Sum)

This seems a simple enough requirement, but I cannot see what is wrong. I have done a similar thing with PowerPivot, but am struggling here.

I have a table that lists a number of Bugs in a number of Products. Each bug has a unique ID (bug_id), and a Product ID (product_id). the product_id field has a relationship with another table allowing this ID to translate to a meaningful name. The problem though, is that of the available fields in the Bugs table, bug_id is only available as a Sum.
I want a report that looks like this;

Product #1    12345

Product #2     11763

This seems such a simple requirement, so I am clearly missing something obvious. Can someone point me to what I am missing or a tutorial please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

It seems that the bug_id field data type was Number, which visual did you used to display bug_id field? If you used table visual, you can set the "Don't summarize", then bug_id will not be aggregated.

q5.PNG

If issue persists, it would be better if you could share some screenshots to describe the issue clearly.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

It seems that the bug_id field data type was Number, which visual did you used to display bug_id field? If you used table visual, you can set the "Don't summarize", then bug_id will not be aggregated.

q5.PNG

If issue persists, it would be better if you could share some screenshots to describe the issue clearly.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

As noted further above mysefl, I inadvertently posted this twice (thinking my first post had gone astray). I have now found how to set a field as 'Do Not Summarize', and this indeed fixes the problem.

Thanks to everyone.

Hi @Anonymous,

It seems that the issue has been solved, right? If that is a case, would you please mark a helpful reply as an answer so we can close the thread?

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

HeroPost
Frequent Visitor

Hi @Anonymous 

I may be wrong, but it sounds like Bug_id is defined as a measure, not as a column.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a duplicate post - apologies. My original post seemed to fail, but has now appeared.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.