Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

VickyBI
Frequent Visitor

How to create a report based on excel file which is stored in MS Team Workpace

Hi Team,

We have to create a report based on excel file as a dataset which is stored in MS Team Workpace

Could you please advise how to create dataset for MS Team Workpace?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adescrit
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi @VickyBI ,

The files you upload to a Teams workspace are actually stored in Sharepoint. So the connector you need to use in Power BI desktop to retrieve this data is "Sharepoint Folder".

In Power Bi Desktop:

1. Click on Get Data
  2. Select More
  3. Find and select the connector "Sharepoint Folder"
  4. You will now be asked to enter the site URL. This is the URL / web address for your company or your team's Sharepoint site. To do this you can follow the "View/Open Teams SharePoint URL Through Microsoft Teams: " section of this site: https://o365reports.com/2021/07/21/get-microsoft-teams-and-their-sharepoint-site-url/
  5. The next step prompts you to log in.
  6. Once you have logged in click OK / Connect.
  7. The next screen provides you with a preview of your data. Click on "Transform Data".
  8. In Power Query, filter on the "Name" column to find your file.
  9. Once filtered, click on the souble arrow icon above the "Content" column to expand the details of your selected file.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
My LinkedIn

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Adescrit
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi @VickyBI ,

The files you upload to a Teams workspace are actually stored in Sharepoint. So the connector you need to use in Power BI desktop to retrieve this data is "Sharepoint Folder".

In Power Bi Desktop:

1. Click on Get Data
  2. Select More
  3. Find and select the connector "Sharepoint Folder"
  4. You will now be asked to enter the site URL. This is the URL / web address for your company or your team's Sharepoint site. To do this you can follow the "View/Open Teams SharePoint URL Through Microsoft Teams: " section of this site: https://o365reports.com/2021/07/21/get-microsoft-teams-and-their-sharepoint-site-url/
  5. The next step prompts you to log in.
  6. Once you have logged in click OK / Connect.
  7. The next screen provides you with a preview of your data. Click on "Transform Data".
  8. In Power Query, filter on the "Name" column to find your file.
  9. Once filtered, click on the souble arrow icon above the "Content" column to expand the details of your selected file.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
My LinkedIn

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.