Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

chandra
Frequent Visitor

How to create a relationship

Hi All,

I am novice user to POWER BI and still learning it by myself with some online learning.  I am working with these four tables. provided below some fields...

Order Item Table

Order ID

ITEM_ID

Item Qty

Order Table

Order ID

Order Date

Contact ID

Contact Table

Contact ID

Customer ID

Address ID

Customer Table

Customer ID

Customer Name

When I am trying to create a simple viz with list of customers with Qty sold (from order Item) table, I am getting relationship error as the customer is not connected to the order item table directly. (It is showing a connection of order item to Order to contact to customer.

Please help...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Chandra,

For the calculation of list of customers with Qty sold (from order Item table), You can either make the relationship active between Contacts and Orders Item or You can use the USERELATIONSHIP DAX function for the propogation of filters.

Thanks & Regards,

Bhavesh

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Love the Self Service BI.
Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
BhaveshPatel
Community Champion
Community Champion

Please post your data model and your sample file. 

For more information, Please refer to this link.

Thanks & Regards,

Bhavesh

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.

Data modelData model

Am trying to create a column SALESPRICE in ORDER_ITEM TABLE. Required formula = ORDER_ITEM(QUANTITY) * ITEM(RETAIL_PRICE).

I am getting the following error, can you pls help. The order_ITEM table is connected to ITEM table through ITEM_IDPOWER BI_2.JPG

Hi Chandra,

For the calculation of list of customers with Qty sold (from order Item table), You can either make the relationship active between Contacts and Orders Item or You can use the USERELATIONSHIP DAX function for the propogation of filters.

Thanks & Regards,

Bhavesh

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.