Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

kimt2

How to create a pop-up window/message for T/C every time a shared user log in?

Hi experts.

This is my first post in the community.

My team operates a shared Power BI dashboard to users with approvals only.

Our data is senstive and we would like to add a pop up window/ message comes up every time they log in 

Is there a way in Power BI to create 

- Pop up message or window stating T&C, confidentiality and unless they click button like "I Agree" they wont' see the dashboard or proceed further.

or at least

- Pop up message or window stating T&C confidentiality (and they can still browse after seeing the message)

Please let me know whether there are anyway or need more information about the question.

Thank you peers!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you Jessica.

let me read on, but the other work around sounds good too. I put it up as suggestion so hopefully it would be fixed in the future.

Thank you for the reply.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

A workaround could embed Power BI dashboards and reports into your custom application via Power BI Rest API. This would require development work.

Another workaround may just add a new report as the first page of your dashboard to show T&C confidentiality, so that user will see this message when they open the dashboard. This can somehow remind the users they are accessing confidentiality information.

Thank you Jessica.

How can I get Power BI Rest API? is it an additional feature you can download? Sorry for my lack of knowledge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can refer MS doc for more information about how to embedding Power BI dashboard.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/developer/embedding

Thank you Jessica.

let me read on, but the other work around sounds good too. I put it up as suggestion so hopefully it would be fixed in the future.

Thank you for the reply.

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @kimt2,

AFAIK, current power bi not contains any similar functionality to achieve your requirement. In addition, power bi also not support customize share features.

In this case, I'd like to suggest submit an idea for your requirement.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for your reply. I will put it up as a suggestion 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.