Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

SINGHTX9
Helper II
Helper II

How to create a percentage capacity chart

Hi All

I m new to power bi so need your assistance in helping me create this chart.  I want to calculate the instrument utilization for my instruments. Instrument A has a throughput of 1000 tests/hour and Instrument B has throughput of 200 tests/ hour 

Instrument A can run only "CC" TESTS and Instrument B can run "IA" tests.

So i have a column in my data that is receive hour. I want to calculate the number of tests received in an hour.

And catergorize by test type so if the test type is "CC" then group it in instrument A

and if "IA" then Instrument B 

Also i want to have the flexibilty to choose the number of instrument needed i.e if i select 2 in my slicer for instrument A it shoudl take the throughput as 2000 not 1000 tests/hour.

The formula that i need to calculate the percent capcity is (Total number of tests received in that particular hour)/ Throughput of Instrument * Number of instrument selected)*100.

I have attached the example in excel was i want to createCapacity chart example.pngCustomer data.png

Link for the data in excel.

https://1drv.ms/x/s!AlMqyIwZH-2XamWX-zcahxcWHWc

2 REPLIES 2
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @SINGHTX9,

From your description, I could not understand the sentence "So i have a column in my data that is receive hour. I want to calculate the number of tests received in an hour". I could not find any data about the column [receive hour], if the receive hour should be calculated, could you please tell me the logic about how to calculate your data? 

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Daniel 

The column Receive hour is calculated column = Time.Hour (Receive date).

Let me know if you know how i can do this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.