Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Rck7
Helper II
Helper II

How to create a monthly Forecast label with sum on the Power BI report?

Hi folks,

I have a table with a column for the dates with data from (27-Oct-14 to 26-Oct-17).  I have created a custom column chart with Monthly Data for the Fiscal year(Oct- september) and an Estimated constant value of "75000/Month". 

I am trying to create a label similar to the others(Previous Month Total, Earliest Update On, etc.) that shows the sum of estimated values for any selected dates on a monthly basis (i.e. 75000+ 75000+ 75000). 

The problem, is that 75000/month is a manual entered value specified as a constant line in the graph and I want to show the sum of my monthly estimates for the selected dates in a  label below the chart. How would I be able to do that?

Here is my chart:

1.png2.png  

Any help would be appreciated!!!!
Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Rck7,

You can use the formula below to get the number of months. Then multiplying 75000 is the result of forecast.

Resul =
COUNTROWS (
    SUMMARIZE ( Sales, Sales[Order Date].[Year], Sales[Order Date].[Month] )
)

Or, 

Resul =
COUNTROWS (
)
    * [Constant]

Please vote this idea or create a new one. 

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Rck7,

Maybe you can use a measure instead of the constant line. 

Constant = 75000

How to create a monthly Forecast label with sum on the Power BI report1.JPG

How do you want to select the dates? Months or Days? Continuous or discontinuous? Maybe you can try this formula.

Measure = count('Date'[Date].[Month]) * [Constant]

Best Regards!

Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-jiascu-msft. I have the daily data of all the months, for the years mentioned in the original post in my data column. 

What I would like to see in my published file is, the rolling totals of the constants from (octomeber 2016- the upcoming months). 

I have the actual running totals value(sum) available as u see in the picture below and what I wanted to see is the sum of my constant values(i.e. 75000+ 75000+...) for the same dates i am fetching the running totals and yes it should be continous. So that, I can find the difference between the sum of (running totals vs estimated totals). 

Here is my data looks like:

1.png23.png

Kindly, help.
Thank you. 

Hi @Rck7,

You can use the formula below to get the number of months. Then multiplying 75000 is the result of forecast.

Resul =
COUNTROWS (
)

Or, 

Resul =
COUNTROWS (
)
    * [Constant]

Please vote this idea or create a new one. 

Best Regards!

Dale

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.