Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ppgandhi11
Helper V
Helper V

How to create a link to another page in same report?

Hi,

I am using Power BI Desktop. I want to create a link to reference dictionary in the report page. This link when clicked should take the user to that page. The idea is that report page is quite filled and is using abbreviations. I want to give user an option to see what those abbreviations mean by creating the reference dictionary on a separate page.

Alternatively if there is a way to hover the mouse on the abbreviations, if user can see what they mean that would be great as well. The abbreviation and its full name are coming from the database table. I am using SQL Server. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi

Drillthrough filters may help!

In the page which is quite filled and using abbreviations, apply the drillthrough filters with the reference dictionary as here,

then click on the page and select ‘drilltrough’, you will navigate to the dictionary page.

Additionally, there is a workaround, add the dictionary field to the tooltip, then the data point referring to abbreviation field will show the information from dictionary.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask me.

Best Regards

Maggie

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi

Drillthrough filters may help!

In the page which is quite filled and using abbreviations, apply the drillthrough filters with the reference dictionary as here,

then click on the page and select ‘drilltrough’, you will navigate to the dictionary page.

Additionally, there is a workaround, add the dictionary field to the tooltip, then the data point referring to abbreviation field will show the information from dictionary.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask me.

Best Regards

Maggie

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.