Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PietroFarias
Resolver II
Resolver II

How to create a default Date Table to filter other Date Table?

I have three calendar tables: Expiration Date, Payment Date, and Expiration Date. This is because I have several tables for different purposes and with different calculations of the date type.What would I like to know how can I unify into a single date table?

All my measures are related from their respective date tables. But if I had a main calendar table in which it would filter out the three tables and hence the measurements worked with these calendar tables.

it's possible? If possible, what would I need to do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PietroFarias
Resolver II
Resolver II

I saw the mistake I was making. I was using three date tables and wanting to create a fourth to filter them out. But I should only create a single date table and use the USERELATIONSHIP function in the created measures.

This way I would have a single date table and when I need to calculate a measure based on another date I would do:

Measure = CALCULATE (<expression>, USERELATIONSHIP (<from date>, <to date>))

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
PietroFarias
Resolver II
Resolver II

I saw the mistake I was making. I was using three date tables and wanting to create a fourth to filter them out. But I should only create a single date table and use the USERELATIONSHIP function in the created measures.

This way I would have a single date table and when I need to calculate a measure based on another date I would do:

Measure = CALCULATE (<expression>, USERELATIONSHIP (<from date>, <to date>))

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.