Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to create a count measure for not showing values?

Hello, 

I have a table with inventory count. I want to count how many stores are completed and how many are not completed for each category, but the issue I stuck on is, if store is not complete the count for that category it will not show up on my database. I still want to count them as not completed. Can anybody please help me to get it? Please see sample data for more explanation.

Thank you so much

6 REPLIES 6
BalaVenuGopal
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @Anonymous ,

Create Two Measures .

Completed Inv Count  = CALCUALTE(COUNT(YourColName),FILTER(YOUR TABLE NAME,Count Sheet Status = "Completed"))

Not Completed Inv Count  = CALCUALTE(COUNT(YourColName),FILTER(YOUR TABLE NAME,Count Sheet Status != "Completed"))

First Mesure will give you completed count send will give you not completed count then drag your category column you will get required out put

Hope thsi will help you plesae revert back if you have any issue

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BalaVenuGopal

I really appreciate you taking time to help me, unfotunatley this is not going to work.  even I tried it out, please see bleow picture. 

Let me tell you why that is, in above picture 101 Orem is missing accessory count. They never did the accessory count on that week. So, it is not going to show up my database. It’s only going to show my database if they completed or committed.  If you look at my data in count sheet status column only have two values completed or committed. That is why I got stuck. Usually each store must have 3 counts ( 3 category mean 3 counts) for each week.  i hope this make sense to you.  Any other idea?

Thank you so much

Hi ,

Sorry i dint get your question

Please clarify two things,

1) You mentioned that for each category you must have 3 values in [count sheet status].Do you really have 3 values for all data if not how will you identify status which is not completed (Third value).

2) if you wan to know count of [Count Sheet Status] why are you dragging both [Count Sheet Status] column and measure at the same time .

3) Please share give screent shot for data with only one category where you are facing issue so that it will help to understand problem

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BalaVenuGopal,

Sorry if I counfuse you.  

• I will have only two value on my status, it is completed and commited wich both consider as they did the count. If they have not dont the count it is not going to show on the database. 
  • Level 04 (product category - Hero, service & Accessory) only show up on they data base if status equal to completed or comminted, but store must have count for each category. I having hard time to count product cateogries are not showing up on the table. 

Thank you so much

Ok Then you aplly left outer join on teh both the tables you will get null values with (no data in your case) then not count measure will measure these records.

Hi @Anonymous,

Is this issue resolved if yes please Accept as a solution

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.