Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rafaelfernandes

How to create a column with Accumulated Value from previous column?

Hello there,

I'm trying to create a column that shows the accumulated value from the previous column (in this case in %).

Then after this I want to classify, in another column, each row that has an accumulated value <= 80% as A, 80 to 95% as B, 95% a 99% as C and 99% to 100% as D.

accumulated value.png

So the new column should have the first value as 1,47%, the second should be 1,47%+1,47%, the third should be 2,94%+1,26%, the fourth should be 4,2%+1,16% following this sequence.

Then after this column, atteribute the classification A,B,C and D as I explained above in a new column

Is this possible to compute in powerBI?

Thank you for all the possible help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Johanno
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

You could:

1. Add an index column i Power Query (1, 2, 3 etc)

Capture.JPG

2. Get the cumulative sum by: 

Cumulative = CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Percentage]);FILTER('Table';'Table'[Index]<=EARLIER('Table'[Index])))

3. Then classification with nested ifs:

Classicifation = IF('Table'[Cumulative]<=80;"A";IF('Table'[Cumulative]<=95;"B";IF('Table'[Cumulative]<99;"C";"D")))

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Johanno
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

You could:

1. Add an index column i Power Query (1, 2, 3 etc)

Capture.JPG

2. Get the cumulative sum by: 

Cumulative = CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Percentage]);FILTER('Table';'Table'[Index]<=EARLIER('Table'[Index])))

3. Then classification with nested ifs:

Classicifation = IF('Table'[Cumulative]<=80;"A";IF('Table'[Cumulative]<=95;"B";IF('Table'[Cumulative]<99;"C";"D")))

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.