cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
rafaelfernandes Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

How to create a column with Accumulated Value from previous column?

Hello there,

I'm trying to create a column that shows the accumulated value from the previous column (in this case in %).

Then after this I want to classify, in another column, each row that has an accumulated value <= 80% as A, 80 to 95% as B, 95% a 99% as C and 99% to 100% as D.

accumulated value.png

So the new column should have the first value as 1,47%, the second should be 1,47%+1,47%, the third should be 2,94%+1,26%, the fourth should be 4,2%+1,16% following this sequence.

Then after this column, atteribute the classification A,B,C and D as I explained above in a new column

Is this possible to compute in powerBI?

Thank you for all the possible help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Johanno Member

Re: How to create a column with Accumulated Value from previous column?

You could:

1. Add an index column i Power Query (1, 2, 3 etc)

Capture.JPG

2. Get the cumulative sum by: 

Cumulative = CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Percentage]);FILTER('Table';'Table'[Index]<=EARLIER('Table'[Index])))

3. Then classification with nested ifs:

Classicifation = IF('Table'[Cumulative]<=80;"A";IF('Table'[Cumulative]<=95;"B";IF('Table'[Cumulative]<99;"C";"D")))

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Johanno Member

Re: How to create a column with Accumulated Value from previous column?

You could:

1. Add an index column i Power Query (1, 2, 3 etc)

Capture.JPG

2. Get the cumulative sum by: 

Cumulative = CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Percentage]);FILTER('Table';'Table'[Index]<=EARLIER('Table'[Index])))

3. Then classification with nested ifs:

Classicifation = IF('Table'[Cumulative]<=80;"A";IF('Table'[Cumulative]<=95;"B";IF('Table'[Cumulative]<99;"C";"D")))

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Learn the answers to some of the questions asked during the Amanda Triple A event.

October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Solution Badges

New Solution Badges

Two waves of brand new solution badges are coming! Read the article for more information on our new community badges.

Users Online
Currently online: 402 members 3,588 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: