Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to create a column flag in a table of grouped data

Hi,

I'm relatively new to PowerBI and DAX and I have the following problem. I've searched on this forum and internet, but the problem is I don't know where to start.

I have a simple Timestamp table which contains information regarding the tasks of employees. This includes start date, duration, end date etc.

I have a table visualisation in PowerBI that summarises each day and the total duration time of tasks. For example:Table.PNG

Count is the number of tasks performed in the specified date.

I need to create a count of each day that has over 100 hours and summarise this at the bottom. How would I do this?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've managed to solve part of the problem by creating the following measure:

Hour10Tst = IF(Sum(tFact_DateTime[Duration_hours])>=100,1,0)

This could then be filtered if necessary. However, the count at the bottom of the table is obviously incorrect, as this should be 2. See below.

Table.PNG

Alternatively to the table, I could just also see a Card visualisation with the total number of days over 100 hours.

Hi @Anonymous,

Create a new column using the following formula. Then create table visual and card visual as shown in the followings screenshot

Column = IF(tFact_DateTime[Duration_hours]>=100,1,0)
3.PNG

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.