Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mpavillard
Regular Visitor

How to create a card

Hi everyone.

I have a stacked column chart like this:

2020-04-20 16_53_41-Clipboard.png

For some reason, in these kind of reports I cannot figure out how to display the values + the percentage. I have a donut chart with that, and it's very easy, just select it from the Detail labels -> Lable style:

2020-04-20 16_57_00-Data Quality Index - Power BI Desktop.png

But there is not Detail labels in the stacked column chart design options.

Then, I would like to create a card that would give me the highest value and to whow it belongs to. So in the above example, a card that would give me, for instance, Veeam: 55.857

or even if I needed the highest value of one of the specific categories, for instance: Veeam: 12.873

Is that possible?

Thank you in advance

3 REPLIES 3
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @mpavillard 

As mentioned by @parry2k , you can create a tooltip page for your  stacked column chart visual.

For more details , please refer  to  related articles  or tutorial video.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Thank you, I'll have a look at the articles. 

What about the card? I believe it's what it's called. So in the example I attached, first columns contain the highest value for all the categories, but it might not be the case (it is actually not the case in other similar charts I have). Suppose I want to highlight the higest orange category in the full set of data, and this is located in column Microsoft. Is there any way to make it so the card displays:

Microsoft: 5.268

In this example, 5.268 is the highest value in orange category, and Microsoft is the column it belongs to. Can a card determine both this values?

Thank you

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@mpavillard you have to create a measure and show that as a tooltip, there is nothing out of the box like donut chart.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.