cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TexasBI Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

How to create a calculator?

Hello,

I am trying to create a calculator that will calculate monthly price of a product for 12 months plus a 1 time price for a product in the first month. Example if I get a product for $10/month for 12 months and it will cost $50 to install I want a line graph to show $60 in month 1 and then $10 the remaining 11 months. How do I structure a table to do this along with being able to filter between differnt products??

6 REPLIES 6
dilumd Established Member
Established Member

Re: How to create a calculator?

how do you define the first month? is it always Jan?

nickchobotar Established Member
Established Member

Hello,

On high level for your model you want to three dimension tables (Customer, Product and Date) and one fact (transactions ) table.

Let me know if this is something you are looking for and we can continue with formulas.

image.png

goaltender36 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

hey @dilumd

I would lik to keep the months generic and just have it as Month 1. This would be a presales calculator.

goaltender36 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

hey @nickchobotar

I think I see what your getting at. This would be a presales calculator so it would be generic but i see what your getting at

dilumd Established Member
Established Member

Hi

Is it possible to share some sample data to work with? I’m still not clear about your real requirement.

Dilum

Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

@TexasBI,

You may use IF Function or SWITCH Function to add a calculated column.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.