Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to create a Running total - with text items in multipuile columns

Hi All.  I'm reasonably new to power BI (Last 2 months), but an expireneced excel person. @XX years . 🙂 

the forum has been great source of guidance to getting my first dashboard up and running - so thank you all.

OK my problem 

I want to create a standard line graph showing  a weekly accumlative target vs an actual accumlative (Dummy date is no issue ) - but my data pionts are text. - and relate to when test are being executed.

So my easy option will be to create the table manually in excel and upload 😞  - But I was looking to have it automated.

BI line graph example.JPG

I have created the bellow formula  That checks if the if the test has been executed  and retuns the week it ws executed (Week 1, Week 2, Week 3, Week 4 

Week of execution = if(or([Execution_status]="Passed",[Execution_status]="Failed"),'Executed vs Execution Date'[Date of Execution],"")
I have tried a A matrix, that worked well, but it was not accumlative .
I have tyried a measure = calculate(sum(@@[@@@]), filter(Allselected(@@@[@@@] <= "text" ))) - but sum won't work with text
So any idea how I can create the the new table / measure so that I have with or without a trend line 🙂
BI table excel.JPG

BI tables .JPG
4 REPLIES 4
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous ,

Week of execution = if(or([Execution_status]="Passed",[Execution_status]="Failed"),'Executed vs Execution Date'[Date of Execution],"")

measure = calculate(sum(@@[@@@]), filter(Allselected(@@@[@@@] <= "text" ))) 

I was not able to understand above measure formulas, I cannot see [Execution_status]  and  [Date of Execution] in above posted tables. Please illustrate your scenario with sample data (all necessary table and formulas) and desired output. How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Yuliana Gu  -  OK sorry I guess the request was not as straight forward as it could be. How can I upload the Excel fiels and Power bi dashboard ?

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can upload the Excel file and sample PBIX file onto OneDrive, and paste the shared link here. Do mask sensitive data before sharing.

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

LInk to excle files and dashboard

Hi Yuliana Gu

LInk to the files is above. Hope it helps 

I want to create the LIne graph - from the data in the files without creating a sperate file 

CPV graph.JPG

Terry,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.