Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to create a Daily report?

I currently have a few report pages that show the analytics of tickets in the company. In the current business we have tickets coming through every day.

I'm trying to create a page for daily reports so that it only shows tickets coming through on that exact day starting from 12 AM until the next 24 hours. Here is one example I have below (with the organisations deleted for privacy reasons) that shows every ticket in the organisation from each account. Now I want this to show each ticket in the organisation from each account on the current day instead. 

KyleAdam_0-1618385233930.png

Each ticket in the table that I'm using for the report has a Created Time column which indicates when the ticket was created as shown below:

KyleAdam_1-1618385573755.png

So the main question, is there a measurement that can be added which makes a specific visual only show data on the current day that data was created? Thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi,

in the measure, 

ALL ( RequestDetails ) => removes all filters in the table.

please try to replace the above with the below.

ALL ( RequestDetails[CreatedDateTime] ) => removes the filter only in the specific column

Hi, My name is Jihwan Kim.

If this post helps, then please consider accept it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jihwankim1975/

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Jihwan_Kim
Super User
Super User

Hi, @Anonymous 

You can restrict the result of your current measure by adding Calculate function & Filter function with date range to the current measure.

Thank you.

If this post helps, then please consider accept it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Jihwan_Kim thank you for the reply. 

The only issue with the quick measurement is that it requires you to input a specific day of the month, rather than current. For example below: 

KyleAdam_0-1618387208200.png

Sadly I can't find a current day for the measure. 

Hi, @Anonymous 

Thank you for your feedback.

Instead of using the Quick Measure Function, how about trying to write by yourself?

I am not quite familiar with using the Quick Measure Function, because I did not try to use it....

You can use TODAY() function when you write the measure by yourself.

Try to write something like below.

Newmeasure =
CALCULATE (
[your measure],
FILTER (
ALL ( DateTABLE ),
[datecolumn]
>= TODAY () - 1
&& [datecolumn] <= TODAY ()
)
)

Or, if it is OK with you, please share your sample pbi file, then I can try to come up with a more accurate measure.

thank you.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, @Jihwan_Kim 

I can't send a template with it being sensitive client data, but thank you for the offer. However, this is the full daily report page I'm constructing with the dataset on the right side: 

KyleAdam_0-1618388924492.png

I tried your new measure, however, there was an issue. 

Newmeasure =
CALCULATE (
[your measure],
FILTER (
ALL ( RequestDetails ),
[Created Time]
>= TODAY () - 1
&& [Created Time] <= TODAY ()
)
)

The [your measure] wasn't working as it was trying to detect another measure, but I don't have another measure. (One that's relevant to this that is). 

Hi, @Anonymous 

Thank you for your info.

In this case, I think you also need to write the measure for Count Ticket.

I am not sure how you count Tickets, but I assume something like counting the number of rows in the table.

In this case, try to write something like below.

Newmeasure =
CALCULATE (
countrows(RequestDetails),
FILTER (
ALL ( RequestDetails ),
[Created Time]
>= TODAY () - 1
&& [Created Time] <= TODAY ()
)
)

Go to My LinkedIn Page

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, @Jihwan_Kim 

Thanks again for the help, it does count tickets by row you are correct. So if there are 6 rows that are assigned to a specific account, that will be 6 tickets displayed. 

Anyway, I put this into practice, however it didn't have the effect I thought it would have and I'm quite baffled with the result. I'm not sure how this happened, it now has 14 tickets for each account displayed? 

KyleAdam_0-1618391498460.png

Hi,

in the measure, 

ALL ( RequestDetails ) => removes all filters in the table.

please try to replace the above with the below.

ALL ( RequestDetails[CreatedDateTime] ) => removes the filter only in the specific column

Go to My LinkedIn Page

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much @Jihwan_Kim I appreciate the help, accepted as best answer. 

I was really confused by that last visual representation, but you've solved it 🙂 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.