Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to create Dynamic reports in Power BI

Hi Experts,

I am working on a dynamic report.

This report is a Line Graph which is the default view. This graph shows the Average Population in US states. It includes 2 filters called ' Select City 1' and 'Select City 2' as shown below. If user selects any value in Filters then the related bars should appear as shown below. Please help me, how can we achieve these functionality.

Many Thanks.

Power BI R&D.png

5 REPLIES 5
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

This is possible. Please share sample data. Mask the sensitive parts first.

What's it in the x-axis? Why does a state have three columns?

The idea is using a measure to show blank when no selection is made.

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-jiascu-msft

Many thanks for your reply.

I am sharing the Power BI file which includes the sample data which includes Hospitals, Performance Indicators for each hospital, Measure (how indicator if performing), Statewide Average (for each indicator)

X axis - ReportingDate

Y Axis - Measure

Basically we would have a filter for the IndicatorName selection and a line graph intially which will show each Indicator's statewide average for that  reporting period

We need HospitalID  filter twice as we want to compare the results for two hospitals. 

I did not find the option to attach the file. So, i have captured screenshots of Smaple Data and Expected output.

Please advise, how can we get this visual created in Power BI. Really in need and would appreciate your help.

TestData.pngPower BI R&D.png

Hi @Anonymous,

It's easy to create visuals in Power BI. You just need to drag these columns to the fields of the visual. The key issue here is the two slicers of "HospitalID". The slicers work with "AND" operator. So the result of your image isn't 81 or 24 if they have the same field from the same column. It's nothing. The solution could like it in the snapshot below.

How-to-create-Dynamic-reports-in-Power-BI

Please download the demo from the attachment. 

Best Regards,
Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-jiascu-msft

Many thanks for your reply. I am going by your idea. 

I have downloaded the pbix file as well.

As per your screenshot, We can have just one slicer for selecting two different Hospital IDs. Once we select any two,Hospital IDs then we should  have two bars for each Time period. Each bar is for each hospital as we are comparing values for each hospital as shown in the below screenshot.

Please guide me , how can  we do this in Power BI.

Share.png

Hi @Anonymous,

Please try to add the HospitalID in the legend. Please refer to the snapshot below. I have modified a little data to make the visual more vivid.

How-to-create-Dynamic-reports-in-Power-BI2

Best Regards,
Dale

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.