Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

akj2784
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

How to create Dynamic Navbar look in Power BI

Hi All,

I need to create a dynamic navbar kind of in Power BI where Lets say for a Project Manager, there are 4 active Projects then I would like to see 4 different Project Number horizontally in the Navbar which will have navigation(hyperlink) on each Projects to show the individual detail level in the next page.

And similarly when a different Project Manager logs in, he should see his active Projects in the same navbar. So data should change dynamically.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Akash

3 REPLIES 3
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @akj2784,

You can create a dashboard to act as a navbar.How to create Dynamic Navbar look in Power BI.jpg

As you can see from the picture, there are four tiles for four projects. And you can set a custom link for each project, which will take you to another dashboard or another report.

If one manager only can see his own project, don't give him the navbar, give him a single dashboard instead.

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

A Project manager can have any number of Projects. So it is data driven. With your suggestion, I need to create different tiles for different Project. 

How will I create dashboards in this scenario when PM can have 2,3,4, 5 etc active projects.

Also, I don't see these option in Desktop version.

Regards,

Akash

Hi Akash,

Dashboard is the feature of Power BI Service. So we can't see it in the Desktop version. Maybe we don't need to make this complicated. Click "My workspace", all dashboards will show up first. And we can tag "favorite". The managers can have their own dashboards. Click "Favorites", managers will have their own projects.

How to create Dynamic Navbar look in Power BI2.jpg

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.