Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Charu
Post Patron
Post Patron

How to create Calculated column to get date values based on status in power bi

Hi Everyone,

please help me to create the calculated column to get the date values based on Status column values.

For example, in the table, I'm having data like below

startdate.PNG

and in power bi date slicer I need to display like below

enddate.PNG

the calculated column like = 

Datefilter = IF(datetable[Status]="YES",datetable[Startdate],datetable[EndDate])

if status is yes then from date should pick from startdate field and To date should pick the enddate column

The enddate column will always have sysdate value

help me how to achieve this

thanks inadvance

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it the slicer that isnt working or the calculated column ( that one looks fine ).

I think that you need to have the calculated column set to the right data type. In this case date to be able to have the between date slicer available.

Br,
Gustav

Hi @Anonymous

If I use start date filed  in date slicer it displays as 

sdatecol.PNG

in To-date how to pass the end date value otherwise system date value, as I'm using direct query mode I couldn't create the custom table, now as per my requirement how to create the calculated column.

whether that calculated column will filter my data if I create the relationship with other tables?

Date table is one table where start date, end date, qtr, month, status presents and other tables have date column so I have created the relationship between date table and then another few tables.

The Calculated column where I need to create is in the Date table 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Charu

I you can suggest what is your data source, then that would help.

Hi @Anonymous

The Datasource is oracle table 

1.Periodtable

dsorc1.PNG

2.customertable(table name)-- has some fields in addition date column which will be having April, may so and so data but in date filter i need a column where it should take from-date from the period table and todate as system date. 

enddate.PNG 

here in table visual for customer table, I have used the date filter from the period table, as it is in between Apr1st to Apr11 those records only should display in the table visual 

dontdisp.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

How does your relationship look like in Power BI and in Oracle. Seems like the relationship is not correct at the moment between date and customer. As to your calculated column it shouldnt be a problem to create one as you did in your first post here.

Can you see your relationships in Power BI at all at the moment?

HI @Anonymous

I have tried with all the possible Relationships between the period_Table and Customer Table.Nothing works out.

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI @Charu

Can you share some data and upload a pbix so I can try it?

Br,
Gustav

HI @Anonymous

Please find the sample data and pbix

Sample PBIX

Sample Data

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Charu

I have requested access and might be able to look in to it tonight.

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI @Charu

I will share my file here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgUIGKdICZfnj1p5k--kOjLDw9py

Just change the source in Edit Queries to your file again if you want to add some more stuff.

What I did is that i created another table with a column based on your date filter column. A formula like this:

Dates = CALENDAR(FIRSTDATE(InvoiceDate[date filter]);LASTDATE(InvoiceDate[date filter]))

Then i connect this to your customer table and add that column to your datesbetween slicer. This makes it work.

Let me know that this is what you are looking for or if i missunderstand you. I think the problem has been that here only has been two dates here and that you need all the datesbetween somewhere for the slicer to work. If you only want the datefilter values then you have to have a list or something.

Br,
Gurrato

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.