Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

powerbiasker
Helper IV
Helper IV

How to convert a calculated table to a noraml table?

I have a calculated table created by DAX.

I want to convert it to a normal table.

How should I do?

6 REPLIES 6
CharbelArmaleh
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hello.

Well it is best in this case to create your calculated table using power query and not dax than you will be able to create your join

Did i answer your question? If yes do not forget to mark my answer as a solution!

Thanks, that was a great clue. I looked up how to create date tables in power query and it worked.

https://tinyurl.com/5n7wnzkf

Hello great to hear that pls do not forget to like and mark my answers as a solution

nsaraf
Regular Visitor

I have a similar question. I have a calculated table as follows:

SampleDates = CALENDAR (DATE (2015, 1, 1), DATE (2015, 12, 31))
Now I need to merge this table with another table using an OUTER JOIN. In the other table the dates are not contiguous as in this calculated table. When I use Transform Data and try to create a Merge Query I do not see the calculated table listed. Instead only the tables I have linked from a data source are visible. What am I missing?

PaulDBrown
Community Champion
Community Champion

@powerbiasker 

I think you'll find that calculated tables become "normal" tables the moment you create them. If by calculated table you mean tables created using the "new table" function. (they are only loaded "once" - ie every time you open a report: in other words, they are not "dynamic").

They are however "dynamic" in the context of measures in the sense that they are affected by filter context etc..But there again, in measures the tables are created "virtually".

Why are you asking btw?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
In doing so, you are also helping me. Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!
Paul on Linkedin.

@PaulDBrown 

Thank you.

I ask this question because I can't add a new Meausure based on the columns in a calculated table. An error: The value for 'XXX' cannot be determined. Either 'XXX' doesn't exist, or there is no current row for a column named 'XXX'.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Is-it-possible-to-create-a-new-Meausure-based-on-the-column... 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.