Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to convert Text File(Resume) in report

Hello Experts,

I'm new to Power BI, I have requirement like below. 

Source: Resume with format as Text file. txt- 

Infosys-BI & Data Analytics Consultant(June 2017-April 2018)
•Gather requirements from different stakeholders and Directors, analyze, and document business requirements, functional requirements, manual data collection and data specifications for tableau Reports.
•Created worksheets reports and converted into interactive dashboards by using Tableau Desktop and provided to Business User permission, Project Managers and End Users.
•Experienced in designing and developing multiple analytical reports from multiple data sources by data blending on a single worksheet in data visualization within Tableau Desktop.
•Involved in Interacting with business users and performed Gap Analysis according to Client requirements.
•Reviewed business requirements and analyzed data from various sources like Excel/ SQL Server for design, development, testing and analyze the projects within Tableau Desktop.
•Created Power BI reports on various requirements and Complex reports and dashboards using DAX
•Created dashboards using Power BI desktop and Created Gateways between on premise and cloud.
•Mentored business power users to create reports/dashboards using Power BI desktop.
•Designed and developed various analytical reports from multiple data sources by blending data on a single Report/Dashboard in Power BI Desktop and Server.
•Building, publishing customized interactive reports and dashboards, report scheduling using Power BI server.
•Experience with Splunk Searching and Reporting modules, Knowledge Objects, Administration, Add-On's, Dashboards, Clustering and Forwarder Management

Wipro-Business Reporting Analyst(July 2016- May 2017)
•Experience in communicating with stakeholders, Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), and end-users to better understand, analyze, communicate, and validate requirements.
•Created various dashboards in Power BI desktop using table, matrix, bar, card, gauge, and slicer visualizations.
•Proficient in defect management system using HP ALM and participated defect status meetings to report the root cause analysis and resolution of the defect within the stipulated time Worked as liaison between the Customer and the Off-shore & On-shore teams.
•Performed analysis and investigation for risk events or alerts triggered by the detection engine.
•Monitored transactions to identify the relationship and line of business between the customers and the counterparties, which are involved in the transactions.
•Deployment of Tableau Server in clustered environment by mapping server nodes to primary machine.
•Scheduled data refresh on Tableau Server for weekly and monthly increments based on the new changes to ensure that the views and dashboards were displaying the changed data accurately.
•Created different views using Tableau Desktop that were published the business stake holders for analysis and customization using filters and actions.
•Designed and developed Power BI graphical and visualization solutions with business requirement documents and plans for creating interactive dashboards.
•Analyse, design, develop and support Power BI dashboards along with slicers and dicers enabling end-user to make filters to meet business and technical requirements and deploy into cloud;
•Install and configure on-premise Gateway; Utilized Power BI gateway to keep dashboards and reports up to-date with on premise data sources.

HP-Data Analytics Developer(Jan 2016- May 2016)
•Performed Business Intelligence Requirements gathering, analysis and documentation for requested business reports.
•Worked directly with Project Manager and Team Manager from End- End Project life cycle.
•Collaborated with Business Intelligence developers to determine best development route for requested business reports.
•Developed Business requirement documents, Technical specifications and Design documents.
•Web intelligence reports such as Crosstab Reports, Graphs, Complex Formulas and Variables, and Conditional Formatting, Master Detailed, Slice and Dice, Drilling methodology, prompts, Filters, Ranking, Section, Alerts and Breaks.
•Analyzed and identified ways to improve the performance of Reports and Universes.
•Designed universes and applied row level and objects level restrictions to different groups and users as required
•Worked extensively on creating Universe's for Order Management, Accounts Payable, Invoice and Account Receivable Data Marts
•Created Classes (Sub classes), Objects, Prompts and Predefined conditions and user defined objects and custom Hierarchies for drill down purposes
•Used @Functions like @Prompt (for user defined queries), @Where (for creating conditional filters), and @Select to create duplicate objects in the process of building the Universes

HCL-Business Intelligence Analyst(Mar 2013- Dec 2015)
•Investigated anomalies in product implementation by assembling and transforming data from disparate sources
•Sound knowledge on design studio scripting language which is used to create advanced interactive applications.
•Generated dashboards in POWER BI Desktop and POWER BI Service using super-fast slice and dice and modern data visualization features
•Created various kinds of reports using Power BI and Tableau based on the client's needs.
•Experienced on creating multiple kind of Report in Power BI and present it using Story Points.
•Created Users, Groups and projects in Tableau environment.
•Worked in coordination with Clients for feasibility study of the project in Tableau and drawing up the timelines and DB Teams for designing the database as per project requirement.
•Experience in creating new indexes, alter existing indexes, change bucket size and modify maximum life of data in primary memory.
•Designed and developed various analytical reports from multiple data sources by blending data on a single worksheet in Tableau Desktop.

Expected Output:

Resume Output.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

In my opinion, I'm not so recommend you to do text analysis in power bi side, it requirement you to review all text and manually coding M query formulas to extract value from text.

Below is my sample, I can't correctly mapping date range with your records:

2.png
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

In my opinion, I'm not so recommend you to do text analysis in power bi side, it requirement you to review all text and manually coding M query formulas to extract value from text.

Below is my sample, I can't correctly mapping date range with your records:

2.png
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.