Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ImkeF
Super User
Super User

How to control subtotal labels?

Is it possible to control the labels of the subtotals so that not just "Total" will be shown, but also the name of the category like so?:

image.pngMatrix chart with "Row Subtotal Position" = "Bottom"

Imke Feldmann (The BIccountant)

If you liked my solution, please give it a thumbs up. And if I did answer your question, please mark this post as a solution. Thanks!

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

I have looked many times and have never found a way. I assume it is not possible. 

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

View solution in original post

Hi @ImkeF,

There are some ideas. But none of them have many votes. 

power-bi-ideas/suggestions/19567204-subtotals-and-total-renames

power-bi-ideas/suggestions/33149917-totals

power-bi-ideas/suggestions/32794447-customizing-the-word-total

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Ahmedx
Super User
Super User

is this solution right for you?

https://dropmefiles.com/jXfSf

Screen Capture #224.png

How did you do this?  This looks like something I can use right now.

How did you change those subtotal labels? The file you linked is no longer available.

I've got a ridiculously complicated matrix and being able to dynamically name the subtitle labels would really help.

I have looked many times and have never found a way. I assume it is not possible. 

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

Thanks Matt!

What surprises me is that I cannot find an feature request / idea for it. But maybe I didn't use the right keyword.

So before closing this thread I'd like to ask folks to post the link to the idea here if they find it.

Thanks!!

Imke Feldmann (The BIccountant)

If you liked my solution, please give it a thumbs up. And if I did answer your question, please mark this post as a solution. Thanks!

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries

Hi @ImkeF,

There are some ideas. But none of them have many votes. 

power-bi-ideas/suggestions/19567204-subtotals-and-total-renames

power-bi-ideas/suggestions/33149917-totals

power-bi-ideas/suggestions/32794447-customizing-the-word-total

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.