Did you mean: 
Highlighted
gpiero Member

How to control Number.RoundUp() function in M Language

Using Number.RoundUp the calculation below will transform:

2.4 into 3

2.6 into 3

2.75 into 3

I would like to manage the result of the function Number.RoundUp to get it works only between a specific range instructed by me. For example in case the result of calculation is >= 2.75 then Number.RoundUp should come out 3. If not, the value should be left as it is

#"Added Conditional Column6" = Table.AddColumn(#"Changed Type11", "Fcst3Y_At_EOFY", each if [Seniority] < 3 
                                                                                                and  ([Seniority] + [SnrtyAt_EOFY]) <= 3
                                                                                        then Number.RoundUp(([Seniority] + [SnrtyAt_EOFY]))  
                                                                                        else null),

Thanks

gpiero

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: How to control Number.RoundUp() function in M Language

Hi @gpiero ,

Based on my research, this function will returns the larger integer, if you want to control your data, I suggest you use if function:

= Table.AddColumn(#"Changed Type", "Custom", each if [Date]>=2.75 then Number.RoundUp([Date]) else [Date])

Result:

1.PNG

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: How to control Number.RoundUp() function in M Language

Hi @gpiero ,

Based on my research, this function will returns the larger integer, if you want to control your data, I suggest you use if function:

= Table.AddColumn(#"Changed Type", "Custom", each if [Date]>=2.75 then Number.RoundUp([Date]) else [Date])

Result:

1.PNG

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.