Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to connect to azure Devops

Hello,

I have watch this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuUivOtb9ps) to see the kind of information we can obtain from Azure DevOps.  I was able to connect to our company Azure DevOps site, but the we obtain only few fields compare to those shown in the video.

In the video we see fields such as:

activity

area path

assigned to

backlog priority

changed by

changed date

Close by

Close Date

Comment 

Created by

Created Date

cycle time Days

Date

effort

Found in

Ingegration build

is current

While In our table the information we obtained is:

Area path

assigned to

date

is current

ineration Path

State

Title

work items id

work item type

we do not obtain any information related to work history.

So I have few questions.

First, it is related to the configuration of our azure devops site (something I am not involve into it)

Is it possible to connect to another Azure Devops site (ex: from Microsoft and to connect as guest?) to make some test

Is it related to the connector it self?

Thanks for your help

6 REPLIES 6
v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

How about the result after you follow the suggestions mentioned in my original post?Could you please provide more details about it If it doesn't meet your requirement?

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Based on the information you have provided, I was able to connect to Azure DevOps and using Analytical views to add more fields.

Thank a lot.

However, I am still not able to import the information found in the discussion section (see the attached image)

Imagine how much important this information is.  It seems that according the visual studio community that those fields (long description and discussion are not available because they are text type data).

Is there something you could coordonate with them to help me with that issue.

See the images below.

Thank in advance for your help.

Please could you keep me inform about the actions taken.

Capture20191021A.PNGCapture20191021B.PNG

Hi @Anonymous ,

Based on this document, you can try to use VSTS.AccountContents function to handle Azure DevOps specific requirements,

VSTS.AccountContents returns the contents downloaded from the URL for Analytics as a binary value. It can be used to call AzureDevOps REST APIs

VSTS.AccountContents should only be used to access data not available in Analytics. It pulls data directly from Azure DevOps and, to protect other Azure DevOps users, is susceptible to throttling. 

We suggest you to delete any Confidential Information in your screenshot.

Best regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I am progressing very slowly because, I am not famillar at all with the VSTS.AccountContents function

I have tried with an blank query Connector and see what I obtained below.  Then when I click on the icon, I have f(x) = Web.Page(Source) and edit credentials.  I am not able to connect.

Does someone know What I am doing wrong.

Capture20191025A.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Thanks a lot for the information provided.

Could you please refer me to a video showing how to use VSTS.AccountContents

regards

v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Based on this Documents, there are something needed to notic when you connect to Azure Devops

1. Install the Power BI Desktop October 2018 Update or a newer version.
  2. Make sure you have permissions required to access Analytics. If you are a member of the project Contributors group, you have permission.
  3. Create an Analytics view that you want to create a Power BI report.
  4. Analytics views don't support other data types, such as Pipelines. Views provide a flat-list of work items, and don't support work item hierarchies. 

Best regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.