cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atomar070 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

How to connect to Azure analysis perspective

Hi,

Can anyone please help me with how to connect to Azure analysis services perspective. It is not allowing me to connect to perspective. Below is the error i am getting. Note - I am admin for cube server. I want my user to connect to signle perspective.Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Frequent Visitor

Re: How to connect to Azure analysis perspective

Hi @zoloturu , @v-yuta-msft  -  I have got it worked with Object-level security. Thank you both for your help.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/analysis-services/tabular-models/object-level-security

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

@atomar070 ,

Firstly, please check if the servername\instancename is valid. Secondly, please check if the AS admin has assigned the member as admin like below:

Capture.PNG 

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Frequent Visitor

@v-yuta-msft Yes, i have been assigned the similar access and yes i am using the correct server name. While i am putting database name then i am able to connect. The problem begings when i try to put the perspective name instead of datase.

Highlighted
zoloturu
Advisor

Hi  @atomar070 , 

In case you want to connect to Analysis Services perspective you need to leave database field empty and press OK. Then you will be able to select your perspective.

Regards,
Ruslan Zolotukhin (zoloturu)
BI Engineer at Akvelon Inc. / Kharkiv Power BI User Group Leader / DAX & Power BI Trainer
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

It was useful? Press Thumbs Up!

Frequent Visitor

Hi @zoloturu - I don't want to give user facility to select the perspective. Because in this case they can select the main perspective as well. If i can facilitate them with only one perspective only then they will not be able to see other fact and dimension which are not there in that perspective. Do we have any way where we can directly connect to perspective directly.

zoloturu
Advisor

@atomar070 , 

You need to leave access to specific perspectives for specific users. So then each user will see only allowed ones.

Regards,
Ruslan Zolotukhin (zoloturu)
BI Engineer at Akvelon Inc. / Kharkiv Power BI User Group Leader / DAX & Power BI Trainer
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
It was useful? Press Thumbs Up!

Frequent Visitor

Hi @zoloturu, How do i give access to particular perspective. It allow giving access to database level.

Frequent Visitor

Hi @zoloturu , @v-yuta-msft  -  I have got it worked with Object-level security. Thank you both for your help.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/analysis-services/tabular-models/object-level-security

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Kudos Received Badges Coming

New Kudos Received Badges Coming

Kudos to you if you earned one of these! Check your inbox for a notification.

Microsoft Implementation for Communities Wins Award

Microsoft Implementation for Communities Wins Award

Learn about the award-winning innovation that was implemented across Microsoft’s Business Applications Communities.

Power Platform World Tour

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (3,625)