Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

atomar070
Helper I
Helper I

How to connect to Azure analysis perspective

Hi,

Can anyone please help me with how to connect to Azure analysis services perspective. It is not allowing me to connect to perspective. Below is the error i am getting. Note - I am admin for cube server. I want my user to connect to signle perspective.Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @zoloturu , @v-yuta-msft  -  I have got it worked with Object-level security. Thank you both for your help.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/analysis-services/tabular-models/object-level-security

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@atomar070 ,

Firstly, please check if the servername\instancename is valid. Secondly, please check if the AS admin has assigned the member as admin like below:

Capture.PNG 

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yuta-msft Yes, i have been assigned the similar access and yes i am using the correct server name. While i am putting database name then i am able to connect. The problem begings when i try to put the perspective name instead of datase.

Hi  @atomar070 , 

In case you want to connect to Analysis Services perspective you need to leave database field empty and press OK. Then you will be able to select your perspective.

Regards,
Ruslan Zolotukhin (zoloturu)
BI Engineer at Akvelon Inc. / Kharkiv Power BI User Group Leader / DAX & Power BI Trainer
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

It was useful? Press Thumbs Up!

Hi @zoloturu - I don't want to give user facility to select the perspective. Because in this case they can select the main perspective as well. If i can facilitate them with only one perspective only then they will not be able to see other fact and dimension which are not there in that perspective. Do we have any way where we can directly connect to perspective directly.

@atomar070 , 

You need to leave access to specific perspectives for specific users. So then each user will see only allowed ones.

Regards,
Ruslan Zolotukhin (zoloturu)
BI Engineer at Akvelon Inc. / Kharkiv Power BI User Group Leader / DAX & Power BI Trainer
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
It was useful? Press Thumbs Up!

Hi @zoloturu, How do i give access to particular perspective. It allow giving access to database level.

Hi @zoloturu , @v-yuta-msft  -  I have got it worked with Object-level security. Thank you both for your help.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/analysis-services/tabular-models/object-level-security

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.