Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Kamaizziati
Helper IV
Helper IV

How to connect data with Relationship

Hi All,

I have question, can we connect the data betweet two column without using relationship.

I have table REVENUE and PBT but I cannot create the relation betwwen this two table because of the duplication data. 

But its connect to Company name on Company Table.

I want to combined this two table data in one dashboard and using Date filter by revenue data.

Now when i select the data filter, the PBT data connot filter by that because data filter is from Revenue Data.

How can I connect the REVENUE and PBT because the date data is same but its duplicate.

Thanks

2018-03-14_1207.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure how was your data structure. Did you try to create the following relationship? Linked the date from PBT/Revenue to Calendar table. The calendar table contains unique date information so it can be used as a bridge to create relationship between PBT and Revenue.

2018-03-14_15-34-33.png

View solution in original post

@Kamaizziati,

Change cross filter direction of your relationships from Both to Single, then check if you get expected result as Jessica_Seiya descibed.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you want to filter data based on date? If this is the case, try to create a specific calendar table and then link it with the REVENUE and PBT tables. Then use the date info from calendar table for flitering. 2018-03-14_13-29-18.png

Hope it helps

@Anonymous,

I already do like your suggestion but I cannot connect relation to both PBT and REVENUE due to the PBT and REVENUE already connect to COMPANY table.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure how was your data structure. Did you try to create the following relationship? Linked the date from PBT/Revenue to Calendar table. The calendar table contains unique date information so it can be used as a bridge to create relationship between PBT and Revenue.

2018-03-14_15-34-33.png

Hi @Anonymous,

How do yo do that because I cant.

See below figure.

2018-03-14_1551.png

Thanks

@Kamaizziati,

Change cross filter direction of your relationships from Both to Single, then check if you get expected result as Jessica_Seiya descibed.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @Anonymous,

How do yo do that because I cant.

See below figure.

2018-03-14_1551.png

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.