Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

RahimZulfiqar
Frequent Visitor

How to connect POWER BI with SAP Business One Software?

How to connect POWER BI with SAP Business One Software?

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

I come across this post and am wondering if you have found a solution to this use case? If yes, would you mind to share some hints?

My understanding is that Power BI is like Excel as a reporting tool to B1. You can connect Power BI to the SQL/HANA database and do more modeling once the data is loaded to Power BI. But I am not aware of any pre-defined Power BI Content Packs by Microsoft that one can just plug-and-play. You may have to look at some 3rd party add-ons, if there is, please do share the info; or you may need to build your own model.

Cheers,

Jimmy 

calerof
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi @Anonymous ,

I used the SQL Server data source in Power BI. 

SQL Server.png

The following link may help you. Tutorial: Connect to on-premises data in SQL Server

Cheers and good luck,

Fernando

calerof
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Did I answer your question? Please mark it as answered.

Thank you

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Fernando,

Thank you for sharing.

I have some reports and dashboards using Excel pivot tables which retrieve data from B1 using SQL queries and ODBC connections (for budgeting, sales, and warehouse operations). I find Power BI a good option to replace these Excel files for key users considering the mobility benefits Power BI offers.

For my curiosity, how do you find this PBI and B1 combined solution so far for you? And if you don't mind, would you please share if you are from a B1/Power BI partner's or an end cusotmer's perspective?

Thank you,

Jimmy

calerof
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi Jimmy,

I'm an independent BI consultant.

It's difficult at the beginning, but after struggling a bit with the tables the rest goes in a more decent way.

If I could be of any help please let me know.

Kind regards,

Fernando
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @RahimZulfiqar,

I would suggest you try out the SAP connectors. If you have the permission to connect to the database directly, you also can give it a try.

How_to_connect_POWER_BI_with_SAP_Business_One_Software

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello Dale @v-jiascu-msft,

You are not replying to the question to connect to SAP Busines One. Basically SAP Business One runs with a Microsoft SQL database.

Could you please advise?

Thank you and regards,

Fernando

Hi Fernando,

As we can see from the Power BI Desktop, there isn't a connector like "SAP business one". So my suggestion is connecting to the database directly. You also can try other connectors that the SAP Business One can provide. For example, sapbusinessone/odata/.

Please note: I'm not a professional of SAP. I can only provide some suggestions.

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.