cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kanagaraj New Member

How to connect D365 for Finance and Operations to Power BI with all Data sources from D365?

Hi to all,

I would like to get D365 for Fianance and Operations online data sources(Tables, Views, Entity) in Power BI.

I can able to get On-Premises datasources in Power BI but upto 10,000 data sources only can able to see from lists.

Need to know how to get all datasources(if more than 10,000 data sources).

Also, I used OData and Dynamics 365(online) options to get D365 data from online(configured by Azure) but power BI list only 1441 tables only.

Could you please help to get all tables or datasources from D365 for Finance and Operations (from Both Online and On-Premises)?

1.png

Thanks in Advance!!!

2 REPLIES 2
wimv Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: How to connect D365 for Finance and Operations to Power BI with all Data sources from D365?

In dynamics 365 online for FO, you cannot connect to the database. 
You can use the entity store to get information, or use odata like in your example.
With odata connection you can never see all your tables, views, only the entities which are made available.

more info on the following site: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/unified-operations/dev-itpro/data-entities/data-entitie...

Highlighted
ananeto Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: How to connect D365 for Finance and Operations to Power BI with all Data sources from D365?

If you want to access D365 for Finance and Operations as if it were a database, I suggest using a third party tool. This tool basically connects to the API and presents it as if it were a database. From there you can put it in PowerBi and do whatever you need with it. Have a look at 

https://www.connecting-software.com/blog/integrate-dynamics-365-finance-and-operations-and-business-...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Can You Solve These Challenge

Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Find out how to participate in the first Power BI 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

Community News & Announcements

Community News & Announcements

Get your latest community news and announcements.

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Community Kudopalooza

Win Power BI Swag with Community Kudopalooza!

Each week, complete activities and be qualified in the drawing for cool Power BI Swag.

Users Online
Currently online: 158 members 2,119 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: