Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Kanagaraj

How to connect D365 for Finance and Operations to Power BI with all Data sources from D365?

Hi to all,

I would like to get D365 for Fianance and Operations online data sources(Tables, Views, Entity) in Power BI.

I can able to get On-Premises datasources in Power BI but upto 10,000 data sources only can able to see from lists.

Need to know how to get all datasources(if more than 10,000 data sources).

Also, I used OData and Dynamics 365(online) options to get D365 data from online(configured by Azure) but power BI list only 1441 tables only.

Could you please help to get all tables or datasources from D365 for Finance and Operations (from Both Online and On-Premises)?

1.png

Thanks in Advance!!!

3 REPLIES 3
wimv
Frequent Visitor

In dynamics 365 online for FO, you cannot connect to the database. 
You can use the entity store to get information, or use odata like in your example.
With odata connection you can never see all your tables, views, only the entities which are made available.

more info on the following site: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/unified-operations/dev-itpro/data-entities/data-entitie...

If you want to access D365 for Finance and Operations as if it were a database, I suggest using a third party tool. This tool basically connects to the API and presents it as if it were a database. From there you can put it in PowerBi and do whatever you need with it. Have a look at 

https://www.connecting-software.com/blog/integrate-dynamics-365-finance-and-operations-and-business-...

Has anyone successfully used a D365 F&O Connector?  If so, which one(s)? I'd rather not spend time trying to figure out all the tables and relationships manually, would be great to have a pre-built model - thank you!

Karen

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.