Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jessli
Employee
Employee

How to connect Azure SQL Database with MSI or cert in PowerBI report?

To meet the complicent requirement , we moved our DB into the AME subscription and with JIT enabled. While it is also required to connect to SQL with MSI/cert connection instead of SQL connection, according to complience requirement.

Then that makes it not working for us to use the end user's AAD credential. So would you help on the information about how to connect Azure SQL Database with MSI/cert in PowerBI report?

7 REPLIES 7
AlaaAlmaghrbi

Hi, @jessli , Did you manage to fix this issue? I am trying to do same thing

jessli
Employee
Employee

@amitchandak 

not exactly, I want the power bi to connect the azure sql with some azure managed identity or cert, not an end user aad account.

Hi, Jessli, have you got through this issue? I'm trying to do the same thing.

Hi @amitchandak  

I'm not sure whether I had the correct understand, but seems the wiki is saying how to embed powerbi into other application, while that's not our case. 

Our case is , we need the powebi to connect to azure sql DB with MSI/cert auth, as the end user's pass-through AAD auth not working in our secenario due to complience requirements. 

@jessli Were you able to resolve this?  I am trying to do the same.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.