cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to compare two values in a clustered column chart?

Right now I have one filter to adjust my store location and show the sum of a single column (sales) in a related table aggregated by month.  

I am using bookamrks to show and hide visuals.  I need to make it so that when I select this bookmark showing the column chart, it displays a SECOND filter that will allow a user to add an adjacent bar column, but I only want it to show a value if they select something (basically have it default to no values selected).

Is this possible? 

TL;DR - need a clustered column chart to add an additional bar if a value is selected in a second slicer to compare the two values

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: How to compare two values in a clustered column chart?

Hi @Black_magic100,

Maybe you can try to write a measure to compare with current row content and control specific type of records visible property. Drag this measure to visual level filter and filter 'Y' result.

Tag =
IF (
    COUNTROWS ( ALLSELECTED ( T3 ) ) <> COUNTROWS ( ALL ( T3 ) ),
    "Y",
    IF ( FIRSTNONBLANK ( T3[Name], [Name] ) = "ABCD", "N", "Y" )
)

Notice: if no filter effect applied on source table, data label 'ABCD' will be hide.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin Sheng
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

For learning resources/Release notes, please visit: | |
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: How to compare two values in a clustered column chart?

Hi @Black_magic100,

Maybe you can try to write a measure to compare with current row content and control specific type of records visible property. Drag this measure to visual level filter and filter 'Y' result.

Tag =
IF (
    COUNTROWS ( ALLSELECTED ( T3 ) ) <> COUNTROWS ( ALL ( T3 ) ),
    "Y",
    IF ( FIRSTNONBLANK ( T3[Name], [Name] ) = "ABCD", "N", "Y" )
)

Notice: if no filter effect applied on source table, data label 'ABCD' will be hide.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin Sheng
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

For learning resources/Release notes, please visit: | |