Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tteo
Frequent Visitor

How to combine two unique columns and assign identifiers to each row

Hi everyone,

I'm not very certain how to phrase the requirement, so let me get on with the example.

I need to combine two columns, "Positive" and "Negative" into one. However, "Negative" values in particular can be more than 1, hence why two columns were created in the first place. Is there anyway to combine these two columns while have each row have their correct identifier as "Positive" or "Negative"? Due to have two separate columns, I'm unable to filter by top N, use gauges, or show % of Positive tests. Alternative suggestions to obtain these results would also be appreciated. Thank you.

tteo_0-1667810552748.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
johnt75
Super User
Super User

I would split it into a new table with three columns, the unique ID from the parent table, a category for Positive or Negative and the number of tests. Then you can create a measure which simply sums the number of tests column and you can filter or slice by +ve or -ve

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
johnt75
Super User
Super User

I would split it into a new table with three columns, the unique ID from the parent table, a category for Positive or Negative and the number of tests. Then you can create a measure which simply sums the number of tests column and you can filter or slice by +ve or -ve

tteo
Frequent Visitor

Thank you! That seemed to work for me.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.