Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nawaswohl

How to combine two set of data

I would like to combine two excel tables.

Example:
Table one: Customer 'A' and 'B', and revenue
Table two: Customer 'C' and 'D' and 'E', and revenue.

How can I combine them in a chart? I've already tried searching several times for answers, but all I could find is to merge two tables where they have a primary key and where they have the same records in the two tables, but here it is not the case.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @nawaswohl,

Do both Table one and Table two have two columns(Customer and Revenue) like below?

Table A

Customer Revenue
Customer A 100
Customer B 200

Table B

Customer Revenue
Customer C 100
Customer D 200
Customer E 300

If that is case, you should be able to use Append Queries option in Query Editor to create a new table that contains all rows from Table one followed by all rows from Table two, then show the combined data in a chart.

append query.PNG

If that is not the case, could you post your table structures with some sample data and your expected result?Smiley Happy

Regards

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @nawaswohl,

Do both Table one and Table two have two columns(Customer and Revenue) like below?

Table A

Customer Revenue
Customer A 100
Customer B 200

Table B

Customer Revenue
Customer C 100
Customer D 200
Customer E 300

If that is case, you should be able to use Append Queries option in Query Editor to create a new table that contains all rows from Table one followed by all rows from Table two, then show the combined data in a chart.

append query.PNG

If that is not the case, could you post your table structures with some sample data and your expected result?Smiley Happy

Regards

@v-ljerr-msft

Thank you! This is exactly what I was looking for. You saved my day!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.