Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

asta
Regular Visitor

How to combine two column from two different table into one.

I have created a two different distinct column from two different table, now i want to show in my chart the combine sales value from both tble and want to combine those two distinct column into one..how do i do that.

For example in my chart i am showing the total sales value (Table A Sales+TableBSales) from both the table, now i want to show in legend the combine category name, but i am not able to do that

any idea how to do that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@asta

Merge Queries is like joining two different tables. For your requirement, you should use "Append Queries" to combine two colums values into one. Please see: Shape and combine data in Power BI Desktop

Capture95.PNG

Regards,

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@asta

Merge Queries is like joining two different tables. For your requirement, you should use "Append Queries" to combine two colums values into one. Please see: Shape and combine data in Power BI Desktop

Capture95.PNG

Regards,

ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@asta in power bi desktop query editor use Merge Queries to combine two tables into one. Then you can use that single table for visuals.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors