Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kannanAhammed
Helper IV
Helper IV

How to combine multiple table to one?

Hi All,

I have 3 table each of them with a field "AssectName". I would like to combine all 3 fields from 3 different table to one field on a new table (without having any duplicate values).

How do i do this?

Best Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Jihwan_Kim
Super User
Super User

Hi, @kannanAhammed 

Please correct me if I wrongly understand your question.

I assume that you want to create a one-column table that combines three AssectName columns from three table, and removes duplicates.

Please try the below for creating a new table.

newtable =
SUMMARIZE (
UNION ( VALUES ( 'Table1'[AssectName] ), VALUES ( 'Table2'[AssectName] ) ),
[AssectName]
)

Hi, My name is Jihwan Kim.

If this post helps, then please consider accept it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
somashekhar
Regular Visitor

Hello, I have connected live sharepoint data in to power Bi There is a multiple table (30+) could you help  with Query for combaine table in to one.

Expl :  A is the table contain PL Name in row data and the B, C , D, ...X Table contain PL info would line to combaine B to X data in single sheet.where all B to X table contain same count of columan.

ID columan is uniq for tbl.

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kannanAhammed 

If you do Merge or Append in Power Query Editor, you don't need to add any function.

In Power Query Editor, Merge and Append can combine queries into one and then you will get one table instead of multiple tables. If you want to add columns to a table, you need Merge queries. If you want to add rows to a table, you need Append queries. For more details and how to use Merge and Append, you can refer this article Append vs Merge in Power BI and Power Query.

According to your description, you should choose Append and then remove duplicates.

Best Regards

Caiyun Zheng

Is that the answer you're looking for? If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

erniemon

ty

Jihwan_Kim
Super User
Super User

Hi, @kannanAhammed 

Please correct me if I wrongly understand your question.

I assume that you want to create a one-column table that combines three AssectName columns from three table, and removes duplicates.

Please try the below for creating a new table.

newtable =
SUMMARIZE (
UNION ( VALUES ( 'Table1'[AssectName] ), VALUES ( 'Table2'[AssectName] ) ),
[AssectName]
)

Hi, My name is Jihwan Kim.

If this post helps, then please consider accept it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

Hi Jihwan, 

I can see a option merge in the data transform. But not sure where i can add this function.

can you please advise?

Hi, @kannanAhammed 

You can find this function in Power Query Editor in Power BI.

Sorry that I don't understand the meaning, "where I can add this function".

Please kindly let me know more. If it is OK with you, share your sample pbix file here, then I can try to come up with more specific explanation.

Thank you.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.