Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rheims
Frequent Visitor

How to combine multiple columns in one row expand

I am created a matrix in Power BI with project data.

I have 3 columns of data that show for one project...Project Number, Project Name and Project Mgr.

I want to expand the College & University Focus Market and only see one line .

Here is what I currently get.

Capture.PNG

This is more what I want to get....

Capture2.PNG

How do I get the 3 columns to show side by side instead of expanding rows under each other?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
bfernandez
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hey @rheims 

I beleive what you are trying to accomplish can be achieved by doing the following in the format pane of the matrix:

Annotation 2020-02-24 104151.png

By toggling the Stepped layout, it will provide everything on one line. You can also chose to toggle off the +/- icons by toggling the feature as well.

If this answers your question, please mark this post as the solution to help others! 😁

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
bfernandez
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hey @rheims 

I beleive what you are trying to accomplish can be achieved by doing the following in the format pane of the matrix:

Annotation 2020-02-24 104151.png

By toggling the Stepped layout, it will provide everything on one line. You can also chose to toggle off the +/- icons by toggling the feature as well.

If this answers your question, please mark this post as the solution to help others! 😁

Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @rheims ,

Try moving your columns "ProjectNum", "ProjName" and "ProjMgr" to columns section of the Matrix visual and keep column contaning "College & University" in Rows section of a matrix visual.

matrix1.png

If this helps please give Kudos and mark this as a Solution! 🙂

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Since I have lots of projects it just makes those show as one column for each project then.

Capture3.PNG

Hi @rheims ,

Can you please share a smaple data?

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.