Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to combine multi columns into a single attribute so that it can be used to plot graphs etc

sample.PNGI want to calculate effort by week. And I want to have a attribute which will contain all the columns CW1, CW2, CW3 etc so that I can create bar charts etc and plot the dimensions WEEK (CW1, cw2 ETC) 

like week versus name something like that

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MariusT
Helper II
Helper II

If I understand your question correct, you wish to have a single column only showing CW1/CW2/CW3?

This can be achieved if you go to "Edit Queries", select the three columns and select "Unpivot" under the "Transform" tab.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

Create a new cocatenated column (CONCATENATE dax function) in your dataset using CW1, CW2, CW3. This will end up in a single column having concatenated values for these 3 columns. Then you can use it on a chart.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

But I cant use this then for filters or list. I want the those columns as  list output. 

dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

I am not clear  about your requirement? Did you mean that you want to use Slicer list to filter "cw"? If so, I think you could to unpivot the table, then use  values (column name) to create a new table , create relationship between them, then it should work. 

In addition, if possible could you please inform me more detailed information(such as your expected output and your sample data)? Then I will help you more correctly.

Please do mask sensitive data before uploading.

Thanks for your understanding and support.
Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

What is CW1, CW2. How the exists in the table and what is the final output you want.

Anonymous
Not applicable

week.PNG

MariusT
Helper II
Helper II

If I understand your question correct, you wish to have a single column only showing CW1/CW2/CW3?

This can be achieved if you go to "Edit Queries", select the three columns and select "Unpivot" under the "Transform" tab.

Anonymous
Not applicable

No pivoting.

If the variable week is there it will have all the column names like cw1, cw2 etc in a list and can be used as a filter

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.