Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Ogudkov
Regular Visitor

How to combine 2 separate files with identical columns into one visual table

As the sample example below shows, i have 2 separate excel files with identical columns, with the right most column being added as a calculated column in PBI power query. I need to create a table in PBI looking like the one on the right.

I am pretty new to PBI so as much detail as possible is appreciated.

thanks in advanced

Ogudkov_0-1606232761333.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Ogudkov
Regular Visitor

Used the following tutorial at the end, Thank you for your input. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXH4WjCykLc&ab_channel=RADACAD

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Ogudkov
Regular Visitor

Used the following tutorial at the end, Thank you for your input. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXH4WjCykLc&ab_channel=RADACAD

mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

Since you already have a Financial Year column in both, just rename the last column to "Total" in both queries.  Then you just need to append the two queries to get your output.  Don't forget to right click on the two source queries to uncheck "Enable Load" so that only your final query is loaded.

Regards,

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

Power BI doesn't let me name that column on both tables  "Total". I renamed the column to "Total" on the one table, and when i try to rename the column to "Total" on the other table it says "The name 'Total' is already used for a measure on table  1. Choose a different name.' 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.