Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sg0510

How to combine 2 report into 1

Hi all,

We have a table named opportunity and now we want to show the result from 2 report into 1. The main table structure is like below

Opportunity ID | Opportunity Name | Expected Billing Date | Expected Order In Take Date | Amount

The first report, I used the column Expected Billing Date and Amount to form a Stacked column chart.

And the second report, I used the column Expected Order In Take Date and Amount to form another Stacked column chart.

My user request me to show these 2 stacked column charts into 1, so that they can compare the expected billing & expected order in report for each month.

Is it possible to perform on Power BI?

Thank you very much

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @sg0510,

If I understand you correctly, you should be able to follow steps below to show Amount for both Expected billing date and Expected Order In Take date in a single chart.

1. Create an individual Date table if you don't have one yet.

Date = CALENDAR("2017/01/01","2017/12/31")

t1.PNG

2. Create two relationship between Opportunity table and Date table like below.

• Expected billing date and Date (Active)
  • Expected Order In Take Date (Inactive)

relation1.PNG

3. Use the formulas below to create two measures to calculate Amount for Expected billing date and Expected Order In Take date separately.

BillAmount = SUM(Opportunity[Amount])
OrderAmount = 
CALCULATE (
    SUM ( Opportunity[Amount] ),
    USERELATIONSHIP ( Opportunity[Expected Order In Take Date], 'Date'[Date] )
)

4. Show the two measures as Values, and Date[Date] column as Axis on the Chart visual.

r1.PNG

Here is the sample pbix file for your reference. Smiley Happy

Regards

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @sg0510,

If you simply want to use 2 different data sources in one report that is possible in Power BI just import both the sources, and you should be able to use them both.

Here is a link for the documenation about multiple sources:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/guided-learning/powerbi-learning-1-4-advanced-data-sources-and-t...

If you want to use both sources together in one visualisation for example you may need to create a relationship in the "relationship pane"

Here is a link for the documentation about relationships:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-desktop-create-and-manage-relationships/

Regards,

L.Meijdam

Thank you very much L.Meijgam.

I got your message clearly.

But if my 2 reports come from the same data source and same table, is it possible to present in 1 chart?

We need to do this because the amount is store in the opportunity table but they have 2 different date field for grouping

1. Expected billing date

2. Expected Order In Take date.

Thanks again

Hi @sg0510,

If I understand you correctly, you should be able to follow steps below to show Amount for both Expected billing date and Expected Order In Take date in a single chart.

1. Create an individual Date table if you don't have one yet.

Date = CALENDAR("2017/01/01","2017/12/31")

t1.PNG

2. Create two relationship between Opportunity table and Date table like below.

• Expected billing date and Date (Active)
  • Expected Order In Take Date (Inactive)

relation1.PNG

3. Use the formulas below to create two measures to calculate Amount for Expected billing date and Expected Order In Take date separately.

BillAmount = SUM(Opportunity[Amount])
OrderAmount = 
CALCULATE (
    SUM ( Opportunity[Amount] ),
    USERELATIONSHIP ( Opportunity[Expected Order In Take Date], 'Date'[Date] )
)

4. Show the two measures as Values, and Date[Date] column as Axis on the Chart visual.

r1.PNG

Here is the sample pbix file for your reference. Smiley Happy

Regards

Thank you so much v-ljerr-msft.

You helped me to solve my problems and thanks again for your clear guideline and reference.Smiley Happy

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @sg0510,

I think that should be no problem if you add correct relationships, you could always try it first with a small sample dataset to test it.

L.Meijdam

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.