Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to collect and calculate number of occurrences from multiple columns

Hi all, 

I would like to collect various descritive values from multiple columns containing some similar values in various columns. So the content is mostly standard but based on Forms questionnaire people may input their own preferences as well.

Below an example of the source data (describing fruits people prefer having):

Source data.JPG

The desired output would be like this. 

desired output.JPG

Thereafter I could select one of the fruits and if I have people listed in another table the ones that like that particular fruit would be highlighted.

Any tips?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

To achieve this, click query editor-> click on Fruit1~Fruit5-> click Transform-> Unpivot columns.

1.PNG 

After filter the blank values in Value column, click Group By based on Value column.

2.PNG 

The result will be like below:

3.PNG 

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

To achieve this, click query editor-> click on Fruit1~Fruit5-> click Transform-> Unpivot columns.

1.PNG 

After filter the blank values in Value column, click Group By based on Value column.

2.PNG 

The result will be like below:

3.PNG 

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome @v-yuta-msft, thanks a million. I was sure there was a way, just couldn't figure it out quickly.

Thanks again.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.