Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

tondeli
Advocate I
Advocate I

How to clear drillthrough filter value automaticly?

First... I love this feature. I've been waiting this for a long time and it's finally here!

I have created a report that contains drillthrought feature. My report contains several report pages. Here are two cases that are a bit confusing to me. I'd like to know have anyone else faced similar challenges and how you have solved them.

1)

As drillthrough function we use a filter and we give value for it from other report page. I click back-button and it will take me back to where I was before. In the background filter value stays unchanged. I use drillthrough function again. Filter value changes and I see visuals filtered with that value. I use back-button again. I navigate to that report page manually and to my surprice value selected in prev step is still selected. I know that I can open my filter selections and clear selected value but I'd like to do is to start exploring my data without any preselected drillthrough filters. Filters in filter pane are a bit confusing to end-users and some of them cannot even find them.

My suggestion for this is to add functionality to clear drillthrough filter value when clicking back-button (back-button format).

Ideas - Back-button feature to clear selected drillthrough filter value

2)

Also if you use same dimension as filter in your report page, you cannot change that either. It only contains the same value as drillthrough filter. You need to clear drillthrough filter value first and start exploring.

My suggestion is that we shoud have a feature to use drillthrough filters as filters in report canvas.

Ideas - Use drillthrough filters as filters in report canvas

5 REPLIES 5
iperezlemme
Frequent Visitor

Hi Tondeli! 

I'm dealing with this exact same issue, more specifically, with your second bullet. Did you find any workaround to the problem? Still can't believe that Microsoft hasn't done something about this...

I'm using Power BI Embedded and when receveing a filter from my app, the UX is quite awful!!

Regards,

Ignacio

I think that you can create workaround using hidden sheets (if those are possible) and bookmarks (homepage to navigate hidden sheets).

Still this is too confusing at least to me...

I'm also missing the function where drillthrough filters can be erased with bookmark.  

Br

Stian

Anonymous
Not applicable

Agree 100%

Clearing filter is difficult to find - needs to be easier.

Voted!

Thanks

v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @tondeli,

Thank you for your information. It seems you have answered your questions. I think the drillthrough function acts as a reference for now. You can rename the drillthrough table to "Reference Only" for the moment.

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.