Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to clear a particular slicer when i click on another particular slicer and vice versa

Hi,

How to clear a particular slicer when i click on another particular slicer and vice versa

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous , With help from Row , you need to have an independent table

UNION(
ROW("Type","YTD","Year", Year(Today()),
ROW("Type","PTD","Year",Year(Today()),

'ROW("Type","PTD","Year", Year(Today()) -1

))

I think these slicers should able to change with each other and you need to use values from

year in filter

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , If you want reset selected values, I doubt. But yes it can reduce the selected value. if they are part of the same table or you follow this video of using a measure from the common table as a visual level filter https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyOquvfhzNM

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Amit,

Thanks for the quick turnaround. What you saying is like cascading filter, that will applied by default when we create two slicers from same source. But my requirement is different. Let me explain. Always I will have data's in my system for current year - 1 (2020) and current year (2021). I want an option in Report page named PTD and YTD . I have already bought records for both years and i have a year column in each records as well. So when i select PTD i want both 2020 & 2021, and when i select YTD i need only 2021. how to achieve this.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak 

Thanks for the quick turnaround. What you saying is like cascading filter, that will applied by default when we create two slicers from same source. But my requirement is different. Let me explain. Always I will have data's in my system for current year - 1 (2020) and current year (2021). I want an option in Report page named PTD and YTD . I have already bought records for both years and i have a year column in each records as well. So when i select PTD i want both 2020 & 2021, and when i select YTD i need only 2021. how to achieve this.

@Anonymous , With help from Row , you need to have an independent table

UNION(
ROW("Type","YTD","Year", Year(Today()),
ROW("Type","PTD","Year",Year(Today()),

'ROW("Type","PTD","Year", Year(Today()) -1

))

I think these slicers should able to change with each other and you need to use values from

year in filter

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

March 2024 PBI Gallery Image

Power BI Monthly Update - March 2024

Check out the March 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.