Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gavin007
Helper V
Helper V

How to change the number format to percentage for a column in matrix

Currently i have a matrix with sales, gross margin and custom column called "gross margin %". Despite I change the gross margin % column data format to % in query, it still shows a number format in matrix. 

I tried to change that from field formatting, but it doesn't has the option.

Any help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @gavin007 ,

The Percent format with decimal place also works with measure, you may select on your measure and try it again.

Best Regards,

Amy 

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HoussemEA
Regular Visitor

Hello, I have a measure that calculates the percentage but i nedd to make some change on the decimal pecentage.

If for example i have a 88% with decimal percentage it's 88% not 88,0% and if i have 88,5% it stays the same.

Any help guys 

FLYer55

Good solution is to change the format in Visualizations Format visual - Specific column. Then apply to the show value as columns added and change the values such as value decimal places etc..

v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @gavin007 ,

Make sure the data type of CM% is number first of all. Then select on the column CM% in Field pane, go to Modeling-> Format, choose Percentage format, you may also set the decimal places for the column.

106.png

Best Regards,

Amy 

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

When I click on modeling tab there is no option for changing it to percentage. Can you shed some light why is it so?

it only works as if it is a measure. if it is a column with number format, it doesn't have the option. Why is that?

Hi @gavin007 ,

The Percent format with decimal place also works with measure, you may select on your measure and try it again.

Best Regards,

Amy 

az38
Community Champion
Community Champion

hi @gavin007 

pick your percentage column in the Fields pane and set format as pecenage in the Column (or measure) tools ribbon

Снимок.PNG

do not hesitate to give a kudo to useful posts and mark solutions as solution
LinkedIn

the column format doesn't show up though.

this is in the values field. I tried to put to columns field, which is still the same.image.png

Try the below steps:

Step 1: Select your column name from the field pane (The rightmost area where all the list of tables and fields are visible).

Step 2: Go to Modelling tab and see the format of your column.

Step 3: just click on a Percentage sign and check your result.

If possible so please share the snapshot of your data format of the column.

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.