Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to change slicer search box text font and color in Power BI?

Hi,

I have slicer's Seach Box enabled and I would like to change the color and font type of slicer's search box? For example, in below image, If i search APPLE in my slicer's search box, it appears light blue. How can I change different color and also dieeren

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
marcoselias
Advocate V
Advocate V

This is how I changed the slicer's search box background to black and the text to white.

Please note that I took out the rest of my .json file configurations to provide a succinct answer to this question. You will probably want to tweak the items' background, overall transparency, etc.:

{
	"name": "slicer search box color setting",

"visualStyles": {
		"slicer": {
			"*": {
				"*": [
					{
						"fontColor": { "solid": { "color": "#FFFFFF" } },
						"background": { "solid": { "color": "#000000" } }
					}
				]
			}
		}
	}
}

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Giorgi1989
Advocate II
Advocate II

If anybody still stumbles upon this thread and still wonders how to proceed:

1. Copy the code above into a notepad. Make color/background adjustments if needed.

2. When done save it as a .json file.  For example, you can name the file 'Filter color.json'.

3. Import into PBI - Go to the 'View' tab > Click on 'Themes' (there is a tiny arrow down) > Click on "Browse for themes" > Select and import your saved .json file. 

DONE!

Note: This method is of no help if you are trying to change ONLY the font color of 'Search' field. Let's say when you want your items to be in white font color, but only need black color for search field.

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI I found a solution that doesnt require coding, Under view tab, click dropdown arrow for themes, select customize current theme, then under text, change general text colour, this will also affect text colour for like date sliderst too.

Worked. I was using theme that makes search box in slicer white with white text. I was able to change it

marcoselias
Advocate V
Advocate V

This is how I changed the slicer's search box background to black and the text to white.

Please note that I took out the rest of my .json file configurations to provide a succinct answer to this question. You will probably want to tweak the items' background, overall transparency, etc.:

{
	"name": "slicer search box color setting",

"visualStyles": {
		"slicer": {
			"*": {
				"*": [
					{
						"fontColor": { "solid": { "color": "#FFFFFF" } },
						"background": { "solid": { "color": "#000000" } }
					}
				]
			}
		}
	}
}

SteveCampbell
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Select the visual, then in the formatting ribon, go to items the Font color .

Annotation 2019-10-10 141413.png

Appreciate your Kudos
Connect with me!

Stay up to date on  linkedin-logo.png
Read my blogs on  powerbi.tips_.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Proud to be a Super User!

Connect with me!
Stay up to date on  
Read my blogs on  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Steve for the response.

Actually, I am trying to change the font inside the search box of slicer. Not the items of slicers. If you see my image attached, there is search sign (like lens) and blue text.

@Anonymous 

You may use Class name smallLabel.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-desktop-september-2019-feature-summary/#themeJSON

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you  

{
       "name": "AHT Dashboard",
       "dataColors": ["#ff8c00", "#5999D3", "#FBBD01", "#264478", "#95bee3", "#609350"],
       "background":"#212938",
       "foreground": "#7FDBFF",
       "tableAccent": "#77D7FE",
       "textClasses": {
               "smallLabel": {
                   "fontSize": 14,
                   "fontFace": "Segoe UI",
                   "color": "#000000"
                }
       }

}

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.